Friday, July 1, 2016

From Library to Learning Commons

I am so excited to be transforming our media center from your typical "library" to the new and improved WMES Library Learning Commons. SWEET!!! I know it is not going to happen overnight, but with a lot of hard work and dedication, it is going to be AWESOME! 

So....why a learning commons? I want to create a place where students and staff can collaborate, communicate and share. 

Students and teachers need more than just a place to check out books. They need a place to actively learn and work.

We are past the age of the SHHH!!! libraries and museum-like spaces. The library is the hub of the school. It should have the constant "buzz" of children and teachers working collaboratively. 

It will be my job to provide an integrated library curriculum throughout each grade level, as well as provide an open library that is comfortable, inviting and USED!!! 

I accept this challenge, and I am EXCITED! Stay tuned for updates on what is to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment